CoLiDo’s soon-to-be released Metal Printer provide low-cost 3D metal printing solution for to customers seeking proven reliability and quality for their demanding applications. Stay tuned for the pending release.
Here’s how CoLiDo process works:
- We’ve developed a special filament that contains around 90% metal particles
- This filament is printed on a specially designed desktop 3D printer in the usual manner
- The “green” part that’s produced is removed from the printer and fired in a furnace
- Firing can take, in the example of stainless steel, 24 hours at 1600C to complete
- The non-metallic portions of the print are burned out at these temperatures
- The metallic particles fuse together to form a dense, solid metallic object
- The completed part shrinks approximately 19% from its green state
Obviously, this process will be spectacularly less expensive than conventional powder-energy systems.
Nevertheless, this process could enable metal printing at much lower prices, making the capability available to many more people and companies.